Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Shred

I was holding my precious baby during her morning nap the other day and just happened to stumble upon the Ricki Lake show and I have to say I hardly ever watch this show but something drew me in today. It was the episode about Bridal Bootcamp and how they have picked three bride-to-bes and get them in shape before their wedding day. They were assigned to trainers and brought back 4 weeks later to show results. Something caught my eye with one of the trainers and he just so happened to be an MD. He explained his meal plan and the bride was talking about how she had so much food she couldn't eat it all. I thought well let's look into that. I've tried so many diets and I've never been successful but it's different this time. I just had a baby and I have to get this extra weight off---THIS HAS TO WORK. So I got on AMAZON.com to find the book he wrote on kindle. Yahoo---it was only 1.99 so why not? 

So I bought the book-- SHRED: The Revolutionary Diet by: Ian K. Smtih. 

I began reading it and I have to admit it's OVERWHELMING. However, my husband sat down with me today and helped me write down (I'm more of a hands on visual learner) the diet plan for the first week. I was then able to make my grocery list and see that it's actually not that bad. So I'm doing it. Starting Tuesday 5-28---THIS WILL WORK. Come July 9th I will be 4 inches smaller and wearing 2 sizes smaller than I am currently. Yahoo---that sounds FABULOUS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment